Wrinkle Reduction: What Are My Options?
Contact Abraza Skin Studio for More Information on Our Variety of Treatments to Help With Your Wrinkle Reduction. We Have 2 Locations to Serve You. Visit Us Online to Book an Appointment in Atlanta, GA or Silver Spring, MD.
Although we don’t have much say when it comes to aging, we do have a say in how we age. This is especially true with respect to fine line and wrinkles, which, for lack of a better term, are the scars of age. All of that aside, what recourse do you, the everyday man or woman, have for reducing the appearance of fine line and wrinkles? At Abraza Skin Studio we offer a variety of wrinkle reduction treatments, some of which we will cover in this article.
WRINKLE REDUCTION: WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS?
When it comes to restoring your skin’s healthy and youthful glow, there are a variety of wrinkle reduction products that can be applied topically, which means they require little to no downtime. Some of these topical solutions include:
- This option is ideal for those who are looking to temporarily reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, but you should be aware that the emphasis is on temporary.
- Creams that contain beta-carotene, as well as vitamins A, C, and E have been shown to subtly improve the appearance of fine lines while also offering sun protection. Having said that, you’re still encouraged to continue using sunscreen in order to fully protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays.
- Also referred to as “fruit acids,” these are products that contain lactic and glycolic acid and mildly improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It should be noted, that applying this product to your skin may cause some mild irritation.
OTHER TREATMENT OPTIONS
As you may have noticed, many of the topical treatments designed to improve the appearance of your skin usually only provide mild improvements, which is why many people turn to other wrinkle reduction options that can produce appreciable results, including:
- This treatment is predicated on the use of lasers to stimulate the production of collagen, which, in turn, improves the skin’s elasticity and restores its youthful glow. Laser Genesis is non-invasive and treatment takes about 30 minutes.
- This is a skin-resurfacing technique used to rejuvenate the outer layers of the skin, which can significantly improve its appearance. It is a non-surgical solution for fine lines and wrinkles, as well as scars, stretch marks, uneven skin texture and complexion, and skin discoloration.
- Certain injections like Botox, for example, are great for those who are not interested in plastic surgery as it provides comparable results in many cases. These injections have been shown to help diminish frown lines as well as wrinkles around the eyes. Although significant skin improvement can be achieved through this procedure, the results are temporary, so patients will have to schedule follow-up treatments.
Contact Abraza Skin Studio today to schedule your consultation, or if you would like more information about the wrinkle reduction treatments we offer! We are conveniently located in Atlanta, GA.